Red Velvet Protein Bars by Gluteywear babe Laura Baker.
You can make these ones using either a vanilla or a chocolate protein powder. Use chocolate for a richer flavour.
As well as a snack, you can have these as a dessert, sliced & stacked up with some toppings such as low-calorie syrup, sprinkles, strawberries & raspberries. Slicing them into smaller squares is a great way to get a sweet hit whilst keeping the calories a little lower too.
Servings: Makes 5 bars
Macros per bar: 185kcal / 13.5g protein / 14g carbs / 7.5g fat / 3g fibre
2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder
80g oats (regular or gluten-free)
50g almond butter
1 tbsp Choc Shot (available from the hot chocolate aisle of most supermarkets)
Dash of almond milk
1 tsp red food colouring
15g milk chocolate chips
Optional - white icing pen to decorate
1. In a blender or food processor grind oats & protein powder into a flour.
2. Add almond butter, Choc Shot, food colouring & almond milk & mix until stuck together. Add the milk a TINY bit at a time (the mix should be thick like cookie dough).
3. Place mix in a square tin of choice, lined with baking paper or cling film (for easy removal). Use a disposable foil brownie tray, available in most supermarkets when making these to save washing up!
4. Flatten mix so top is smooth, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top & press them in using the back of a spoon. Decorate as desired with icing pen.
4. Allow the bars to harden in the fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
5. Eat within 3 days :-)
You can find more recipes by Laura over at her blog -